- Vaka Pasifiki Education Conference “Weaving Theory and Practice in Teacher Education for Oceania” will take place 24–25 September at Faʻonelua Convention Centre, Nukuʻalofa, Tonga. For more information, visit www.usp.ac.fj/index.php?id=16083
- International Pacific Health Conference “Pacific Health Solutions through Research and Practice” will focus on interdisciplinary dissemination of health research, practice, and knowledge and will be held at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel in Auckland, 3–5 November 2014. For more information, see pacificconference.hrc.govt.nz/
- Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga Conference at the University of Auckland 25–28 November 2014 will highlight indigeneity and the multidisciplinary approach used for indigenous development. For more information, see www.indigenousdevelopment2014.ac.nz/conference-themes-speakers/registration-information
- Pacific History Association 21st Biennial Conference will take place at National Taiwan University Taipei and then at Taitung University in Taitung, 3–6 December 2014. The conference theme is “Lalan, Chalan, Tala, Ara (Path)—Reconnecting Pacific-Asia Histories.” For more information, visit pha2014.erenlai/com
- Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania (ASAO) meeting will be held at the Hotel Santa Fe in historic downtown Santa Fe, New Mexico, 3–7 February 2015. For additional information, see www.asao.org/
- 10th Conference of the European Society for Oceanists (ESfO) will be held in Brussels, Belgium, 24–27 June 2015. Proposals are due 1 October 2014. For more information, see esfo-org.eu/
- Pacific Arts Association at College Art Association in New York, 11–14 February 2015. For more information, contact the session coordinators, Stacy Kamehiro email@example.com and Bernida Webb-Binder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20th Annual New Zealand Studies Association Conference 25–28 June 2014 in Oslo, Norway, with the Norwegian Maritime Museum and the Kon-Tiki Museum, Oslo, in association with the University of South Australia. For more information see www.nzsa.co.uk/conferences.htm
Sustainable Sea Transport Talanoa 14–18 July 2014. The University of the South Pacific will host the conference to address themes of heritage revival, Pacific voyaging, traditional navigation; networks, collaboration, relationships; sea transport technology and innovation; blue/green economies, financing, policy; and research, training, qualifications, and regulation. For more information, see www.usp.ac.fj/index.php?id=12456
12th Festival of Pacific Arts. The 12th Festival of Pacific Arts will be hosted by Guam 22 May–4 June 2016. The festival theme is: “What We Own, What We Have, What We Share, United Voices of the Pacific.” For more information, visit www.guamfestpac2016.com.
2014 Pacific Research Colloquium The 2014 Pacific Research Colloquium – Developing Pacific Scholarship, 28 January to 7 February 2014, provides an opportunity for younger Pacific social science researchers to develop research capacity with some of the top Pacific scholars in Australia at the Australian National University. For further information, e-mail ssgm.admin(at)anu.edu.au.
Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania (ASAO) will be held at the King Kamehameha Hotel in Kailua-Kona on Hawaiʻi Island from 5-8 February 2014. For further information, see www.asao.org/pacific/futuremeetings.htm.
East-West Center International Graduate Student Conference will take place in Honolulu 13–15 February 2014. For further information, see www.eastwestcenter.org/studentconference.