Check out our Career Opportunities page for new jobs listings in the field of Psychiatry.
- Announcements and Recognitions:
- Jane Onoye, Ph.D. – 10 years of service
- Ana Hilde,M.D. – elected as GME Advisory Council member
- Lee, J. C., Nakama, H., Goebert, D., & Alicata, D. (2015). Gender differences in reasons for methamphetamine use in an ethnically diverse population in Hawai‘i. Journal of Substance Use, 20(2), 93-96. doi:10.3109/14659891.2013.859753.
- Chair’s updates:
- State of the Department: Strategic Plan 2015-2016
Dr. Barry Carlton was featured in Hawaii News Now, about the state of psychiatric care for the poor.
Click here for the full story and video clip http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/29765548/the-poor-face-huge-gaps-in-psychiatric-care-worsening-their-condition
The Department of Psychiatry has initiated the IPASS system sign out into the clinical and training divisions. Training has begun in select areas, using the IPASS template in the Epic EHR. Our goal is to have all residents complete the IPASS video simulation by the end of January. Please see the link below for details.
The University of Hawaii and UCERA employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. The PSFL is a loan repayment program that is available to full-time public service employees. Borrowers can qualify for forgiveness of their remaining balance of their Direct Federal Loans after they have made 120 qualifying payments made after October 1, 2007 while employed full-time by public service employers.
Click this link for more info.
- Announcements and Recognitions:
- Welcome back current residents to a new year and welcome new residents!
- Louie, R. K. (2015, July 6). The psychiatry of entrepreneurship as a pathway to international security. British Journal of Psychiatry, e-letter. http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/psychiatry-entrepreneurship-pathway-international-security
- Serghi, A., Goebert, D. A., Andrade, N. N., Hishinuma, E. S., Lunsford, R. M., & Matsuda, N. M. (2015). One model of residency journal clubs with multifaceted support. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 27(3), 329-340. doi.org/10.1080/10401334.2015.1044658
- Ghiasuddin, A., Wong, J., & Siu, A. M. (2015). Ethnicity, traditional healing practices, and attitudes towards complementary medicine of a pediatric oncology population receiving healing touch in Hawai‘i. Asia-Pacific Journal of Oncology Nursing
- Whealin, J. M., Nelson, D., Stotzer, R., Guerrero, A., Carpenter, M, & Pietrzak, R. H. (2015). Risk and resilience factors associated with posttraumatic stress in ethno-racially diverse National Guard members in Hawai‘i. Psychiatric Research, 227, 270-277. doi:10.1016/j.psychres.2015.02.023
- Chung-Do, J., Goebert, D. A., Hamagami, F., Chang, J. Y., & Hishinuma, E. S. (2015). Understanding the role of school connectedness and its association with violent attitudes and behaviors among an ethnically diverse sample of youth. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. [online version]
- Chair’s Updates:
The Department of Psychiatry Gift Celebration took place on July 26, 2015, at the JABSOM Medical Education Building.
The event recognized the Department of Psychiatry’s faculty for their generous investments to establish the Walter F. Char, M.D., John F. McDermott, M.D., and Naleen N. Andrade, M.D., Endowed Professorship.
Our three Chair Emeriti—Drs. Walter F. Char, John F. McDermott, and Naleen N. Andrade—and present Chair—Dr. Anthony P. S. Guerrero—were recognized and honored for their tremendous contributions to the Department of Psychiatry, JABSOM, and Hawai‘i.
Check out our Career Opportunities page for jobs listings in the field of Psychiatry. Follow us on Twitter @UHPsych to receive up to date postings.