Chair Updates: State of the Department
Congratulations to Dr. Goebert, for her interview in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) article on depression in medical students and residents!
- Dr. Amanda Schroepfer with Dr. Daniel Ulrich presented at the Hawaii American Academy of Pediatrics Island Style conference 11/13/2014.
- Dr. Anthony Guerrero, Amanda Schroepfer, Mr. Fukuda with Dr. Lisa Serwin presented at the Medicine 2.0 World Congress at Maui 11/14/14.
- Dr. Brett Lu with Dr. Aida Wen presenting for the State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias project on 12/16/14.
- Dr. Junji Takeshita presenting at the 5th Annual National Update on Behavioral Emergencies Conference 12/2014.
- Awards and recognitions:
- Welcome back from presenting at the AACAP in San Diego: Drs. Daniel Alicata, Frederick Duennebier, Anthony Guerrero, Ryan Lunsford, and Dr. John McDermott. Also to our former graduates: Dr. Ruby Agoha and Alexis Aplasca.
- Welcome back from presenting at the International Pacific Health Conference in New Zealand: Drs. Joy Andrade, Gretchen Gavero and Deborah Goebert.
- Welcome back from the prestigious ABPN standards setting group in Chicago: Drs. Asad Ghiasuddin and Junji Takeshita.
- Congratulations: American College of Psychiatrists:
- Dr. William Haning III (election as member)
- Dr. Junji Takeshita (election as member)
- Dr. Anthony Guerrero (elevation to fellowship)
- Congratulations to:
- Dr. Kevin Buford (won a fellowship to the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry)
- Dr. Ryan Louie (paper accepted to the AAAP)
- Dr. Rajinderpal Singh (co-hosting sessions at The Institute for Psychiatric Services)
- Other announcements:
- Chair Updates:
Good luck to Dr. Shaylin Chock and family
The re-inauguration of the psychiatry-neurology specialty interest group, at a dinner at Dr. Haning’s house
State of the Department will be posted soon.