Chair Updates: State of the Department (Requires DOP Login)
Congratulations to Dr. Goebert, for her interview in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) article on depression in medical students and residents!
- Dr. Amanda Schroepfer with Dr. Daniel Ulrich presented at the Hawaii American Academy of Pediatrics Island Style conference 11/13/2014.
- Dr. Anthony Guerrero, Amanda Schroepfer, Mr. Fukuda with Dr. Lisa Serwin presented at the Medicine 2.0 World Congress at Maui 11/14/14.
- Dr. Brett Lu with Dr. Aida Wen presenting for the State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias project on 12/16/14.
- Dr. Junji Takeshita presenting at the 5th Annual National Update on Behavioral Emergencies Conference 12/2014.
- Awards and recognitions:
- Welcome back from presenting at the AACAP in San Diego: Drs. Daniel Alicata, Frederick Duennebier, Anthony Guerrero, Ryan Lunsford, and Dr. John McDermott. Also to our former graduates: Dr. Ruby Agoha and Alexis Aplasca.
- Welcome back from presenting at the International Pacific Health Conference in New Zealand: Drs. Joy Andrade, Gretchen Gavero and Deborah Goebert.
- Welcome back from the prestigious ABPN standards setting group in Chicago: Drs. Asad Ghiasuddin and Junji Takeshita.
- Congratulations: American College of Psychiatrists:
- Dr. William Haning III (election as member)
- Dr. Junji Takeshita (election as member)
- Dr. Anthony Guerrero (elevation to fellowship)
- Congratulations to:
- Dr. Kevin Buford (won a fellowship to the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry)
- Dr. Ryan Louie (paper accepted to the AAAP)
- Dr. Rajinderpal Singh (co-hosting sessions at The Institute for Psychiatric Services)
- Other announcements:
- Chair Updates:
Good luck to Dr. Shaylin Chock and family
The re-inauguration of the psychiatry-neurology specialty interest group, at a dinner at Dr. Haning’s house
State of the Department will be posted soon.
- Announcements and Recognitions:
- Chair updates:
- Administrative Updates:
Thank you to Dr. Goebert and Dr. Belonis who responded to a community’s request for suicide prevention outreach in partnership with two community organizations.
State of the Department PowerPoint (password protect)
Community service declaration forms due 10/16. Please return them to Tiff if you haven’t already.
- Congratulations to Drs. Barry Carlton, Brett Lu, and Jane Onoye for their recent faculty promotions! See the full story at http://blog.hawaii.edu/uhmednow/2014/09/03/applause-record-number-of-tenure-and-promotions/.
- Dr. William Haning will be receiving the Physician of the Year award, at the Hawaii Medical Association “Ola Pono Ike 2014″ Presidential Inauguration and Awards ceremony, on October 4, 2014.
- Dr. Deborah Kissinger was recently interviewed for her expert opinion on a KHON story about a local road rage incident. See full story at http://khon2.com/2014/09/11/moanalua-road-rage-incident-caught-on-camera/.