Category Archives: Agenda/Minutes

2/13/14 Meeting

Meeting Agenda and Minutes

Earth Day – Thu 4/24/14 10am-4pm in Sustainability Courtyard with night concert 5-10 (location? keep at SC for now, and consider alternatives if needed later)

SITE MEETING WITH ROXANNE – We can fit at least 41 tents. Zach will compile map and create so we can send in to WCC to finalize space request

  • We need to generate a work order with Daylen to request use of electricity, moving of tables/plants, etc. We will need help in the morning to set up and then at 4 to put things back
  • Doorae let Andy/Anoi know we will move tables

ADVERTISEMENT (KA LEO/BANNER)

  • The big banner will be 18-20 ft x 3 ft – Cali will get a quote from eco-printing store
  • $500 for 10 real estate signs along legacy path on week of event – need to think about it

DESIGN UPDATE – Brian will ask art dept for designers, Gary will ask friend to help

BEER GARDEN – Gary will work with SLAM on this – glass dept provide cups to drink out of? Everything should be BYO, so maybe keg?

ASUH FUNDING – DELAYED for 2 weeks, to go through Manoa Sustainability Council instead of Ecology Club

SECURITY – we will hope to get 2 officers for whole day/night ($1000 from ASUH?)

NEED A VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – thank you Cali!

NEED PARTICIPANT COORDINATOR – thank you Zach!

NEED CALENDAR SUBMISSIONS/Press Release

WE NEED A BUDGET – EQUIPMENT (SOUND SYSTEM), SECURITY, FOOD, ADVERTISING (KA LEO, BANNERS), T-SHIRTS, carbon offsets, ETC – TBD ASAP

EXIT INTERVIEW – Cali can work on this or have a volunteer create one. We can have tablets to have people fill out as theyre leaving (Goal: 100 surveys). This will guide our debrief and help next years planning committee

OTHER THINGS? need to ask Manoa Sustainability Council and other faculty/staff to take shifts for Earth Day/beergarden volunteering

Zach will ask dad for sound system

Doorae followed up with Mike Love and band to see where they want to play

1/30/14 Earth Day Planning Committee Agenda and Minutes

Meeting Agenda and Minutes

  1. Open producteev

  2. Funding – ASUH, SAPFB, Chancellor

  3. Carbon Offsets – Facilities

  4. Parking –

  5. Security

  6. Participant contact – need to check regularly

  7. Website – Zach can update with agenda/minutes

  8. Facebook

  9. Outreach – Tabling, Flyers

  10. T-shirts

  11. Volunteer Engagement – Google Drive – always send them meeting invites/updates

    1. https://docs.google.com/a/hawaii.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq9vGGyV-kx7dGJrM3Yyell5MmJ4MnE4NGZiZVZMTGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

  12. Concert / Music

  13. Beergarden?

1/16/14 Earth Day Planning Committee Minutes

Meeting Minutes

ASUH Funding can be allocated through a bill – Gary (senator) and Frankie (VP) of ASUH are helping:

  • $50 for screenprinting materials, $5/shirt * 200 = 1,000 (buy from thrift stores and get donated ones)

  • money for paints for signage and materials?

  • Security/Parking (Kawela will follow up)

  • Need to do tents & map

Food services meeting with Andy & Anoi: no outside vendors allowed to sell food. We are asking about student/farm produce and poi pounding to see if either are okay

New theme: Green cities

 Poster for “Earth Day planning meeting thu @430 sustainability courtyard”

12/12/13 Earth Day Planning Committee Minutes

Meeting Minutes

ROLES FOR PLANNING COMMITTEE

  • Event Coordinator – Cali & Reed

    • Cali will check earth day e-mail

  • Volunteer Coordinator

  • Sponsorship Solicitor

  • Participant Coordinator  – Matthias

  • Outreach Director – Zach

    • Web Developer / Social Media Coordinator

TASK MANAGER:

WEBSITE / SOCIAL MEDIA

  • Read through of Stacey’s notes from Philip’s web training

  • Publicizing our awesome new website

  • Create facebook event to build buzz

OUTREACH

  • Stacey said she can work on a preliminary flyer after

  • Antonia

  • Alex Young

  • Get t-shirt

SENDING OUT INVITES

  • Finalize Contact Sheet – Doorae

PROGRAM / MUSIC – can someone work on a draft program?

  • “Waiting for the World to Change” was submitted by Lauren Froberg as suggestion for playlist

MISC

  • Facilities needs us to provide final map of tents so they can flag down area – ecology@hawaii.edu

  • If we want to sell food on site, we need permission from Andy Lachman @ Food Services

  • Chancellor Tom Apple has offered $750 from his office to support us!

  • Go to campus center to print signs