Barbara Arthurs

Barbara ArthursVice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Hometown: Waianae, Hawaii

Degrees: B.Ed, M.Ed. – UHM, Ed.D – University of Hawaii @ Manoa
Ed. D – University of San Francisco
Office: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Manono Campus, Building 378 – Admin Office
Contact info: 974-7658 (t) 808-974-7770
Email: arthurs@hawaii.edu

My favorites thing about HawCC is … not a “thing” but rather the people – the faculty, staff, and administrators – who work to help our students who want to succeed. Of course, the students, who take the opportunity to develop their potential despite sometimes coming from very challenging circumstances, to become competent, caring, and contributing members of our community, are among the people who make my work at HawCC fulfilling and enjoyable.

My hobbies and interest are… reading mystery novels, playing Tetris, solving crossword puzzles, and watching carpentry and cooking T.V. shows.

If you came to visit my office you would see… plants inherited from Nancy to ensure there are enough negative ions to keep my brain alert and learning, knick-knacks from students and friends, and files with material to be purged and remaining material to be better organized.

I like the Big Island because … it has all but one climatic zone on one island, which can be traveled and experienced in a day. I like sitting on a sunny beach and watching a pick up truck go by with a load of melting snow.

In my free time I like to do … rest with my eyes closed while my mind plays out happy scenes of family and friends from my past life and exciting scenarios of my life in the future.

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.