Tricia Mattos

Tricia MattosFull Time Student
Hometown: Hilo, Hawaii

UH-West Hawaii Center

My favorites thing about HawCC/West Hawaii Center… is that the instructor’s really do know you by your first name! Our Professor’s take the time to get to know you as a student and a person. I think this helps form a better relationship between the student and Professor. I also think it’s pretty cool that our tiny campus is squeezed in between State Offices, a Court House, Clinical Laboratories, the Kealakekua Post Office and a few other businesses.

I like the Big Island because … I love the fact that during Winter when Mauna Kea has snow, I can be watching the sun rise over Hilo, play in the snow, pack the bed of the truck with snow and in about an hour I can be building a snowmen while sitting at the beach. Not to mention beautiful Waipio Valley, Kilauea Volcano and the endless camping spots around this aina I call home.

In my free time I’m more likely doing homework or studying for an exam. I am a full time student taking 17 credits and work part time so my schedule is pretty full. When I do find a minute to myself, I like to shop whether it’s online or in the stores – especially when there is a sale!

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.