Matisse DiPietro – Student

Hometown: I am originally from the Pacific Northwest and have in Hawaiʻi for almost 10 years.

Matisse DiPietro

Beijing

My favorite thing about UH Center at West Hawaiʻi… the instructors.  They are amazing and whatever they can to help.  There is a great feeling of ohana at Hawaiʻi Community College and plenty of opportunity to succeed within their programs.  I have made the Deanʻs List and Phi Theta Kappa while enrolled at HawCC.

My hobbies/interests… surfing, swimming, karate

If you came to my office you would see… me and I would answer any questions you had about the nursing program.

I like the Big Island because… of the crystal clear blue water while I am surfing, swimming or just hanging out at the beach.

In my free time I like to… surf, exercise, and love my beach time, I recently started taking karate from the International Karate League with Sensei Julian Shiroma.  It is an Okinawan based martial art and while it is challenging, it is very fun!  When I am not buried in my homework I whale watch, stand up paddle surfing while dolphins play around your board, turtles and load of other awesome marine life await in abundance.

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.