Melissa Ishibashi – Financial Aid Advisor, HawCC Financial Aid Office

Degrees:  Associate in Liberal Arts (A.A.) – HawCC, Associate in Administration of Justice (A.S.) – HawCC, Bachelor’s Degree in Administration of Justice (B.S.) – University of Hawaii at Hilo.

My hometown – Hilo, Hawaii

My favorite thing about HawCC… definitely the school/work environment.  As a student, I appreciated the structure of the classes, the quality of the coursework, and the faculty.  I am grateful for the education I acquired at HawCC.  As an employee, I think my most favorite thing would be the staff, and serving students.  I truly appreciate and enjoy all the wonderful staff I work with.

My hobbies and interest are… camping, fishing, reading, bowling, and playing board (or card) games with my eight year old son, Aeae.

If you came to visit my office you would see… files and paperwork.

I like the Big Island because…  as an adult, I have realized how lucky my family and I are to live in such a beautiful place.  Growing up on the island made it easy to take some things for granted, until I was blessed with my son Aeae.  I instantly developed a deeper appreciating for our island partly because of what I could teach my son about the history of our island and how to utilize our natural resources.  I feel that the Big Island is the one of the best (and safer) places to raise your keiki.

In my free time I like to… spend quality time with my son, my ohana, and my friends.

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.