Bob Duley – Associate Professor & Counselor

Name:  Bob Duley                                                                                    Bob Duley

Title/Department:  Associate Professor and Counselor

My Hometown:  Willard, Kansas (Named after the boxer Jess Willard)

My favorite things about Hawaii CC… are the changes I see in students over the years and the good people I work with who help bring about those changes.

My hobbies and interest are…riding motorcycles, sailing, camping and hiking, traveling

If you came to visit my office you would see…poster size pictures of: a Bulgarian Gypsy, Rye Grass from Romania, the bridges between Buda and Pest, a surfer at Green Sands Beach.  Also, I have a wooden Buda from Cambodia and lots of scattered papers, half-filled coffee cups, multiple pairs of reading glasses laying around, and a great deal of other clutter.

I like the Big Island because…it has the geographical diversity of a continent with a multitude of micro climates—all within a one day drive.  Also, the Big Island offers the culture diversity that is usually only found in a major city setting, yet we are rural.  People are friendly, and if you come from the heart, you get treated very well.

In my free time I like to…visit ruins.  Palenque, Tulum, Tikal, the Pyramids, Great Zimbabwe, Angkor Wat.  These places gave me a different perspective about time and my own significance—at least for a little while.

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.