Mahalo to the Faculty/Staff Development Committee

“The Faculty/Staff Development Committee has had a very busy academic year! It started out with the New Hire Orientation and included workshops on Smart thinking, Turnitin, Introduction to Online Teaching and Laulima, Google Apps, various ITSO presentations, Universal Course Design, etc. etc. etc. Phew!

Though all of the announcements came from me, there is no way these events could have been pulled off so successfully without the committee members. I would like to thank Joel Tanabe (the beverage man), Kalei Haleamau-Kam (my W. HI connection), Kenoalani Dela Cruz (for providing snacks and helping with set up and clean up), Leanne Urasaki (for the artistic fliers, or flyers, and helping with set up and clean up), Lisa Adams, Meidor Hu, Roberta Brashear-Kaulfers (for their support), Aunty Sandi Claveria (for her snacks, support, and sense of humor), Mike Saito (for his onolicious homemade snacks), Monica Burnett (for her advice and support), Sherri Fujita (for providing snacks and helping with set up and clean up), our honorary committee member Joeanne Losalio-Watson (for her behind-the-scenes support from W. HI), and lastly, Joni Onishi (for providing refreshments and finding me when I try to hide!).

These committee members worked very hard behind the scenes to provide you with workshops and activities this past year. Please join me in thanking each and every one of them! Have a great summer and please stay safe!

Thank you,

Annie Maeda

This entry was posted in Contributing Through Workforce. Bookmark the permalink.