Alan Hale: Media Design & Production Specialist (WH)

Name: Alan Hale   Alan Hale

Title/Department: Media Design and Production Specialist, WHCC Media Center

My Hometown: Las Cruces, New Mexico

My favorite things about HawCC…  I’ve only been on-board for a short time so I’m new to the environment. My first impression is that the students are generally relaxed and friendly and that certainly makes it a nice place to work.

My hobbies and interest are… Music!!! “The life I live is making music with my friends.” I play ‘ukulele and sing at least three times a week and often more. My friends and I volunteer at the Life Care Center in Keauhou where we play and sing for our friends. This is the most rewarding thing I do. They are a great audience. A friend and I sang Italian songs for the Culinary Arts luncheon this week. The theme was Southern Italy.

If you came to visit my office you would see… Lots of electronic equipment!

I like the Big Island because… There is something “magical” about the Big Island. It’s difficult to put into words but if you live here too, you probably already know what I mean. Beyond that I enjoy the laid-back atmosphere and the people. I’ve made so many good friends here that this is definitely home now.

In my free time I like to… I love to share my music both in playing and teaching others to play. Photography and videography are also a lot of fun. After making two trips to Italy in the last two years I’ve made so many friends there that I’m studying the language. Ciao!

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.