Employee Profile: Kehau LeeHong-Mauga

Photo of KehauName:  Josephine Kehaulani LeeHong-Mauga  (everyone calls me Kehau)

Title/Department:
  Office Assistant III in the Office of the Chancellor/External Affairs & Relations

My Hometown:  Ka’u/ Puna/ Hilo, Hawai’i

My favorite things about HawCC:  The wonderful Early Childhood Education staff has helped me become a teacher in the field of Early Childhood Education for the last 20 plus years. I have also been blessed with receiving my license in Practical Nursing from HCC. I have also been here on campus  as a Program/Public Relations Assistant with Na Pua No’eau- Native Hawaiian Children’s Center.  Just recently, I have been on board as a staff member working in the Chancellor’s Office as an Office Assistant III within the realm of External Affairs and Relations.  I am truly, truly thankful. Mahalo for welcoming me “home” again to the “Kauhale.”

My Hobbies & Interests Are: Spending time with ‘ohana. I have a love for education and enjoy reading. I truly am happy at  the beach, playing volleyball or tennis, running and going to the gym — “Curves”

If You Came To Visit My Office You Would See: INFORMATION, INFORMATION, INFORMATION.

I Love The Big Island Because: It is my “One Hanau” or Birthplace.  Such a gift of a place created by Ke Akua.

In My Free Time I Like Too: Spend time with ‘ohana and travel around our Hawaii island, especially to visit Tutu in Keauhou who is 93 years young.

This entry was posted in Employee/Learner Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.