The Hawai’i CC International Education Committee has a busy academic year planned. Here are some highlights:
International Education Week 2013
We would like to remind you that we will continue planning for this year’s International Education Week (November 18-22).
Tentatively we plan to offer a series of events centered around the theme “Origins” to highlight the fact that all human beings around the world originate from the same common ancestry. Events will include:
- Panel discussions, and other presentations
- Opportunities to interact with international students
- Cultural displays (dance, music, and art)
Attending these events will expose students to a variety of social systems and cultures within the United States and the rest of the world. Suggested assessment pieces could include essays, reaction papers, presentations, panel discussions, or debates.
International Education Week Learning Outcomes
November 18-22, 2013
Students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the elements important to members of another culture in relation to its history, values, politics, communication styles, economy, or beliefs
2. Explain insights about his/her own cultural rules and biases
3. Express an understanding of cultural differences
East and West Hawai’i faculty and staff who would like to work with the IE Committee on events, please contact Sherri Fujita firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about International Education Week, please contact Sherri Fujita email@example.com
Internationalization and Global Engagement, Internationalization Laboratory’s 10th cohort
Beginning this semester, Hawai‘i CC will join Leeward and Windward Community College in a 3-year campus internationalization project led by American Council on Education (ACE). The ACE Internationalization Laboratory offers customized guidance and insight as we review our internationalization goals and develop strategic plans.
If you have any questions about the Internationalization Project, please contact Sherri Fujita firstname.lastname@example.org