Faculty/Staff Development Committee Mahalo

I would like to extend a huge mahalo nui loa to the most awesome Faculty/Staff Committee members!

On the Hilo side, Jack Minassian, James Kiley, Joel Tanabe, Leanne Urasaki, Manaiakalani Kalua, Meidor Hu, Monica Burnett, Aunty Sandi Claveria, and Sherri Fujita demonstrated outstanding commitment and initiative whenever a workshop was being planned and implemented.  They also provided the refreshments (out of their own pockets!).  Most of all, they were always willing and able to lend a hand or two.

On the Kona side, there’s no way we could have video-conferenced so many presentations without the assistance of Raynette Haleamau-Kam, Christina Hoffmann, and Lucy Jones.  Also, here’s a special shout out to Joeanne Losalio-Watson, our honorary member, who made sure that rooms were secured, technical assistance was available, and sign-in and evaluation sheets were available.

Please take the time to thank them for jobs well-done!!!

I also would like to thank Doris Chang and Sandy Kama for helping out with the bigger presentations such as the New Hire Orientation and the Non-Instructional Day Assessment Retreat!  They made sure that we had enough to eat and that everything else ran smoothly.

Thank you, POM, for finding rooms for me, especially at the last moment!

Thank you to my technical support folks, Neal Uehara, Joe Zappala, and Chuck Connors!

Most of all, thank you to Joni Onishi for giving me a chance to be in this position and for supporting and encouraging me every step of the way.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Annie Maeda

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.