How would you like your photography/artwork displayed in the Hawaiʻi Community College General Catalog for 2012-2013 and possibly for other promotional items for the college?
Well, hereʻs your chance to get involved and showcase your talent and creativity! Here are the criteria for your photo to be involved:
- Your photo(s) must have been taken during this current academic year, Fall 2011 – Spring 2012 and be in one of the following settings:
Your classmates engaged in learning, enjoying the learning moment in or out of the classroom, working on a special project or doing fieldwork.A Hawaiʻi Community College community or student life event/activity that took place on either of the three campuses (West Hawaiʻi, Upper Campus or Manono Campus) or off campus.
- Make sure your instructor, your classmates or subjects are ok with you taking their pictures.
- Your photo should be 300 dpi (dots per inch).
- Make sure the clothing that your subject(s) are wearing do not include derogatory images or words.
- Include a caption that says the name of the program or event and what action is taking place.
- The photo(s) may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or via file drop up until March 16, 2012. In the subject line of the email, enter “Catalog Photo Contest. To File Drop:
- Log onto https://www.hawaii.edu/filedrop/prepare and enter your user name and password. Next, enter in the recipientʻs username: hawccinf twice.
- Underneath, in the comment box below, include Your Name, Your Program, The Name Of Your Instructor, phone number and e-mail address.
- Be sure that you have permission from the persons in the photo before sending in your submission and that it is originally from you. If selected to be in the catalog or for other promotional items, you will be asked to sign a waiver of responsibility.
Some helpful tips:
- Get down on their level
- Use a plain background
- Use flash outdoors
- Move in close, but not too close
- Take some vertical pictures
- Lock the focus
- Move it from the middle
- Know your flashʻs range
- Watch the light
- Be a picture director
For more information, contact the Information Center at 934- 2800, Bldg. 378, between 7:45 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.