For updates on the UH System Sustainability Policy Development after the 2013 Summit, please visit the Policy Updates.
- Short Video from the 2013 Summit: Sustainability initiative unifies UH System from University of Hawai’i System Vimeo.
- Slideshow from all participating campuses
- AASHE Article about the 2013 Summit http://www.aashe.org/blog/university-hawaii-system-heads-toward-its-first-sustainability-policy
The purpose of this summit was to establish a statewide and UH System sustainability agenda that will provide individual campuses with a framework for commitments and support campus efforts to move from vision to action.
|Directions and Map|
|Program and keynotes|
|Presentations and Presenters|
|Bios: Speakers, Hosts, Planning Committee|
|How is our Summit Sustainable|
Who: All campus and community members interested in helping create more sustainable universities in Hawaii
Where: University of Hawaii West O`ahu, Kapolei, HI ; for Directions click map
When: 2pm-8pm Thursday, April 11th; 8am-5pm Friday, April 12th
Registration: Registration is now CLOSED.
- Encourage collaboration and coordination across the state’s higher education institutions
- Develop a University of Hawaii Draft Sustainability Policy
- Share case studies, best practices, and challenges through concurrent sessions and a poster session
- Share ideas and strategies in key topic areas such as recycling, energy efficiency, transportation, curriculum, student life, food systems, and campus operations
- Encourage student leadership; host a Student Forum to explore the creation of a statewide student network for sustainability
- Establish this event as an annual summit
- Build lasting relationships among participants
The 1st Annual Hawaii Sustainability in Higher Education Summit was a two day conference for policy planning and program sharing about sustainability initiatives in the University of Hawaii 10 campus system, and higher education colleagues at Hawaii Pacific University, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, and Chaminade University.
Organized by a collaborative group of faculty, staff, students, and administrators throughout the state, and supported by University of Hawaii System Office and President Greenwood, the goal of the conference was to produce a UH System policy document on sustainability, and provide an opportunity for building cross campus collaborations and networking by sharing insights and best practices.
For details, see the Program and Keynotes page.
For more information:
Please contact Daita Serghi, Event Coordinator