Registration is full for this event.
Access the full program with details & maps & other information on Guidebook here.
Facebook event here.
PROGRAM & AGENDA FOR STUDENT SUMMIT
Saturday, February 28, 8:30am – 5:00pm (Campus Center Executive Dining Room)
Hosted by the Student Sustainability Coalition of Hawaii (SSCH)
- 8:30-9:00 Registration Opens / Breakfast
- 9:00-9:15 Opening Welina & Protocol
- 9:15-10:00 Opening Remarks & Icebreaker
- Doorae Shin, Student Sustainability Coordinator, University of Hawai‘i
- Jessica Sevilla, Outreach Coordinator, Trees to Seas UH
- 10:00-12:30 Workshop Breakout (choose one of following)
- Proaction Cafe, hosted by Samantha Ruiz, UH Strategic Energy Coordinator and Sugki Suguitan, Workshop Coordinator, SustainableUH & SSCH
- Sustainability and Wholeness Within and Without, hosted by Ramdas Lamb, Undergraduate Chair of Religion Department, UH Manoa
- Facilitation and Grantwriting, hosted by Wendy Miles, Lecturer, Geography Department, UH Manoa
- 12:30-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30-3:30 Sharing Real Campus Sustainability Projects through Service Learning
- Student Organic Farm Training (SOFT) tour and gardening
- Ka Papa Loʻi o Kanewai tour and gardening
- 3:30-3:50 Coffee & Snack Break
- 3:50-4:20 UH Sustainability Updates & Legislative Briefing
- Kristen Jamieson, Student Leader, SustainableUH & the Student Sustainability Coalition of Hawaiʻi
- Matt Lynch, UH System Interim Sustainability Coordinator
- 4:20-5:00 Debrief & Closing Circle
- 5:00 Pau
Purpose: Foster inspiration, real-world skill building & community involvement for the students of SSCH
- Depending on the workshop chosen:
- Students leave feeling empowered to begin or enhance their own initiatives
- Attendees leave with new and/or enhanced professional skills
- Participants have a deeper understanding of spirituality and sustainability
- Students participate in impactful, on-campus service learning
- Students network and bond for increased cross-campus collaboration
- Improved student understanding/literacy on previous & existing efforts of SSCH
- Students are inspired by the sustainably sourced (plant-based, local, organic) food
Every year, the Annual Hawaii Sustainability in Higher Education Summit hosts a student summit to gather students passionate about sustainability from across the Hawaiian islands. Click here for updated information on the 3rd Annual Hawaii Sustainability in Higher Education Student Summit, and contact Doorae Shin, Student Summit Coordinator at email@example.com with questions.
The 2015 Hawaii Student Sustainability Summit will take place on Saturday, February 28, 2015 at the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus. This year’s event will host various workshops for professional skillbuilding, student empowerment and networking, and it will also offer opportunities for co-inspiration, service learning & sharing of resources and best practices.
The 3rd Annual HI Sustainability in Higher Education Summit is taking place at the University of Hawaii at Manoa from February 26 to 28, 2015. For information regarding this event, contact Matt Lynch.
For more information on the Annual Hawaiʻi Sustainability in Higher Education Summit, please click here. Over 60 students of SSCH attended the 2nd Annual Hawaiʻi Sustainability in Higher Education Summit. This exciting convergence included the student forum, where students organized around a campaign for the Student Sustainability Fund.
For full program and information on the 2015 Student Sustainability Summit, click here.
Contact event coordinator Doorae Shin to get involved or learn more.