Master of Science in BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES (TROPICAL MEDICINE)
1. Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge base in the major subdisciples of the field of Tropical Medicine: bacteriology, virology, mycology,parasitology, immunology, molecular epidemiology, and infectious disease ecology, pharmacology and bioinformatics.
2. Demonstrate a mastery of technical and experimental methodologies required to conduct research in the field of Tropical Medicine.
3. Demonstrate the ability to plan, execute, interpret, and evaluate experimental studies in Tropical Medicine.
4. Demonstrate skills required for instruction, assessment and mentoring of undergraduate and MS level students.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communication skills in classroom lectures and other teaching formats and in professional seminars and presentations.
6. Demonstrate sufficient mastery and scientific maturity to assess the work of peers in related fields.
|Intended Student Learning Outcomes*|
|Course or Activity||1.
Tropical Medicine Knowledge Base
Mastery of Research Methods
Experimental Design & Execution
Instructional & Mentoring Skills
Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Peer Evaluation & Assessment
|TRMD 603, 604, 605, 608||I,A||I,R||R||R|
|TRMD 601, 606||I||I,R||I,R|
|TRMD 607, 609, 650, 653, 671, 672, 673, 705||R,A||R,A||R||I||R|
*”I”=introduced; “R”=reinforced and opportunity to practice; “M”=mastery at the senior or exit level; “A”=assessment evidence collected