Join John A. Burns School of Medicine Pediatrician Dr. Raul Rudoy and his colleagues at the 6th Pediatrics Infectious Diseases Conference, October 6, at JABSOM’s Auditorium. The conference goals are to:
- Answer common parental concerns regarding travel outside the USA and be familiar with current prophylactic regimens and resources.
- Be up to date with the most recent recommendations for immunizing children and adolescents.
- Outline the epidemiology, clinical features and custom treatment of staphylococcal infections in Hawai`i.
- Enhance your differential diagnosis and management plan for children presenting with unusual manifestations of common infections.
- Discuss recent guidelines and recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of the febrile infant.
For more information, call (808) 983-8387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION FEE: Physicians : $ 75.00 , Nurses : $50.00
Dr. Martin Wiesse, Professor Uniformed Services, University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, MD
Dr. Mark Burnett, Chief Pediatric Infectious Disease Service, Tripler Army Medical Center
The program outline is:
12:15 Registration & Lunch
1:00 Overview by Raul Rudoy MD
1:15 Immunizations update by Guliz Erdem MD
1:45 Travel medicine: prevention and care by Mark Burnett MD
2:30 Staphylococcal Infections in Hawai`i by Marian Melish MD
3:00 The febrile infant by Martin Weisse MD
3:45 Workshop : Unusual presentations of common infectious diseases by Raul Rudoy MD
4:30 Case Presentations and Discussion by Guliz, Martin, Mark, Marian (2-3 short cases each, 15 minutes/ faculty )
5:30-‐6:00 Meet the Faculty