Here’s what’s new in the May 2013 edition of the Hawai`i Journal of Medicine and Public Health:
- A Review of Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery for Hawai’i, by Ming Chen MD, MSc, FACS
- Case of Levodopa Toxicity from Ingestion of Mucuna gigantea, by Gary G. Tse MD; Brian B. Kim MD; Aaron M. McMurtray MD, PhD; and Beau K. Nakamoto MD, PhD
- Utilization of Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Screener(c) by O’ahu’s Pediatricians, by Mary Guo BA; Galen Chock MD; Leolinda Parlin BA; Vince Yamashiroya MD; and Raul Rudoy MD
- Liver Disease Among Children in Hawai’i Diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome, by David E. St-Jules RD; Corilee A. Watters PhD, RD; James Davis PhD; and Sorrell H. Waxman MD
- MEDICAL SCHOOL HOTLINE: Ultrasound Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Hawai’i Experience, by Pai-Jong Stacy Tsai MD, MPH; Shelby Wong MEd; and Ivica Zalud MD, PhD
- INSIGHTS IN PUBLIC HEALTH: Innovative Readiness Training & Tropic Care Kaua’i 2012, by Dileep G. Bal MD; Toni Torres BSN; Thomas Noyes AB; John Hunt MFA; Keith Y. Yamamoto MPA; and Dennis M. Esaki BS
- THE WEATHERVANE: by Russell T. Stodd MD
To download the journal free, go to HJMPH.ORG.
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The Hawai`i Journal of Medicine & Public Health is a collaboration between the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) at the University of Hawai`i Mānoa and the Hawai`i State Department of Health (DOH). Produced monthly, the scholarly journal provides scientific information with a focus on the unique multicultural and environmental aspects of the Hawaiian Islands and Pacific Rim region.
The editors of the Hawai`i Journal of Medicine & Public Health are Dr. S. Kalani Brady, an internal medicine physician with the Department of Native Hawaiian Health and Dr. Michael J. Meagher, a professor of radiology within the Department of Surgery at the UH medical school.
Sponsors of the May 2013 issue of the journal are:
- Jaguar Honolulu
- Central Pacific Bank
- Porsche of Hawai`i
- Physicians Exchange of Honolulu
- Hawai`i National Bank
- Commercial Consultants, Inc.
- Access Information Management
Pictured: S. Kalani Brady, MD, one of the editors of the Hawai`i Journal of Medicine and Public Health, at the John A. Burns School of Medicine.