This year marks the University of Hawai‘i Community Colleges’ 50th Anniversary. A very special gala event was held on Nov. 14, 2014, which featured 13 live-action culinary stations hosted by Hawai‘i’s top culinary chefs in partnership with UHCC culinary arts students and faculty. There was a special tribute to two visionaries — Governor John A. Burns and first Vice President for Community Colleges Richard Kosaki — who were instrumental in creating the UHCC system. Also, the recognition of the UHCC 50 Finest and Rising Stars award recipients highlighted the event.
Hawai‘i CC 50 Finest Awardees:
- Pualani Kanahele, Retired Professor, Hawaiian Studies and Language
- Shirley Metcalf, Retired Director, Office of Continuing Education and Training
- Trina Nahm-Mijo, Professor, Psychology; and Chair, Social Sciences Department
- Harold Nishimura, Retired Professor, Carpentry Program
- Noreen Yamane, Chancellor
Hawai‘i CC Rising Star Awardee:
- Grace Funai, Assistant Professor, Counselor
Mahalo to the awardees for their contributions to our college.
See photos posted on Flickr:
The photos are downloadable.
Also, to view the amazing videos of the night, please go to: